6/7 Saving Suggestions-- by CJ

This is the sixth of seven suggestions to save yo money! They're relevant, easy, juicy and very doable. Check back and have a read- and more importantly- give'm a try.

#5 Say Hello to Your Library

I love books. I have always been a voracious reader and I have a very very large weakness for gorgeous cookbooks filled with glossy photos. I can’t help it, I love to cook and live to eat (my expanding pants can attest to that) but the problem remains that those glossy gams aren’t a cheap addition to my own library. Hence, I love the library. I have a library card, and I even have overdue fines to prove it.

Next time you’ve got an hour or so to spare, head on down to your local branch, get a card and take a walk through those soothing, quiet stacks filled with stories, inspiration and pure possibility. The very premise of the Wealthy Wilmas was based on the amazing things you can learn all while not paying a cent for the privilege. Unless you are like me, and rock the overdue fines (but hey, I guess it’s for a good cause…)

Find the hottest fictional love story or tear jerking biography, books about Muppets or learn how to make sesame paste. It’s like an endless smorgasbord of awesome.

The key to success?
Get a library card! If you don’t have one you’ll need photo ID as well as something with your address on it (a cable bill or something of the like) and stay in touch with your library to see what’s new (did you know the Vancouver Public Library Twitters? True story. Pun totally intended. http://twitter.com/vpl) And another tip, don’t forget a bag! Guaranteed you’ll be inspired and end up with more books than you can carry, and that is a very good thing.

Written by: Courtney Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

The Wealthy Wilma Book Club is my brain child. I birthed it- naturally, without drugs in February 2008. There are almost 400 Wealthy Wilmas in 6 countries and growing. KBDs- all of us! To learn more check out the official Wealthy Wilma Book Club website: www.wealthywilma.com.